Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Insomniac.

Tuesday morning.

It honestly feels like Monday morning, I've decided.

It really doesn't help that I don't go to bed until 4 a.m., and then drag myself off my loft at 7 a.m., as my cell phone is screaming High School Musical at me. Yes, High School Musical. I enjoy it. It's almost a guilty pleasure, but not quite, as I admit to liking it. Catchy songs, some funny jokes, Zac Efron, what more could you ask for? And the second one was a lot more entertaining. Better songs, more funny jokes, a grown up Zac Efron... I can't help it. If you walk into my dorm room, you would see that, since I have a Wall-of-Efron.

I think dorm living is a very interesting concept, if you think about it. Universities jam pack thousands of kids on campus into large buildings they call dormitories. In these dorms, or 'residence halls' as my university calls them (supposedly, dorm has a negative connotation), there are anywhere from 20 (in your larger halls) upwards to 80 (in your largest halls) on one floor! And most residence halls have multiple floors.

Now, I do recall during high school, I would complain as to how little privacy I had at home. Boy, do I know lack of privacy now. With 63 other girls on your floor, and around 300 more living in your dorm, something is wrong if you have any privacy. In all truth and honesty, I sometimes get more than most college students.

See, my roommate is a very nice person. But we're just into two different things. I'm in a sorority, which takes up a lot of time, and she's not. Plain and simple. I have a small tight knit group of friends (referring to outside the sorority -- there are 60 sisters who I all love dearly), and she has a larger group of friends. They enjoy hanging out in our dorm lobby, and I don't. I prefer hanging out in the sorority suite, or in my best friends dorm a floor above me. Therefore, I get a lot of privacy in my room when I want it. What do I do with all that privacy? Sleep. Homework. Sleep... Nap. Rest my eyes.

I'm tired, can't you tell?

No comments: